Long Branch, New Jersey
Long Branch City Board of Education
GREYHAWK provided full program management services to the New Jersey Schools Development Authority (NJSDA) for a new replacement elementary school that accommodates 784 students in grades PreK-5. NJSDA implemented several new processes during the project, including value management analysis during the design development and construction phases, which saved the project over $1 million. The project was the fourth completed under the new Homeland Security Standards and the first under the Constructability Review Phase. The review resulted in approval of change orders at less than half of one percent. The project finished two months ahead of schedule.
GREYHAWK provided pre-construction, bid and award, construction, and post-construction services in the management of the project, including cost estimating and design and constructability reviews. All spaces were constructed as per the approved Department of Education district model. In addition to the building, site reconfiguration includes new parking, drop-off lane, playing fields, and a PreK protected playground.
Amenities of the school include:
- 10 PreK classrooms
- 7 Kindergarten classrooms
- 28 Standard classrooms
- 6 Small-group instruction rooms
- Computer and science exploration labs
- Media center with world language lab
- Choral and instrumental music rooms
- Art room
- Cafetorium with interior and exterior stages
- Occupational and physical therapy (OT/PT) room
- Administrative center with nurse’s suite